Uplifted Animals are generally superior or equal to humans in most physical attributes like strength, speed or endurance, however rarely exceed human norms in mental capabilities by great amounts. While an Uplifted Animal might be as intelligent or more intelligent then a normal human, they rarely reach prodigy like levels of intelligence. Uplifts from predatory base animals tend to be more intelligent then non-predatory Uplifts, and have higher average intelligence then humans.
The more common kinds of Uplifts are classified into board categories.
- Fels: Fels or Felines are Uplifts who come from feline base animals. While it is possible for them to eat fish, there is a trend for them to hunt prey Uplifts. The common exception to this rule are Fels who come from domesticated felines.
- Canines: Canines are Uplifts from canine stock such as dogs, jackals, wolves or coyotes.
- Cetaceans: The Cetaceans are different from most Uplifts in that their physical form is largely unchanged, however they gained limited telekinesis instead.
- Sharks: The only Uplifts from fish base animals, the larger Sharks rule sea kingdoms.
- Racs: Racs or Racoons are one of the most common Uplifts, they are also the Uplifts who adapted most readily to their new life style. Some Racs even claim they were sentient before the Uplift, and all it did was make them bigger.